Ruben Castellon Board of Education Member
Ruben Castellon stands for Students First Parents Always!
I am running for Hoke County Board of Education because for years our students have been academically neglected, our parents sidelined, and our teachers undervalued. The current test scores for our high school students show that 84 of every 100 students are below expected math proficiency levels. The scores for English are similarly poor with 55 of every 100 students not meeting proficiency expectations. In addition, the “one team” motto and present actions of our school district fails to acknowledge their most valuable allies, the parents! Parents must be included in ALL matters pertaining to school. With your support, we can help our students and our district achieve academic excellence to better prepare our children for their future. As a parent of school aged children, I can no longer standby and witness our children be deprived of a proper education. It is time to get back to normal and allow parents back into the classroom to be involved in their children’s educational journey. Our district must invest more into our teachers and come up with innovative ways to recruit qualified educators for Hoke County. With your vote and support on 8 November, we will reestablish accountability and refocus the school district toward properly educating our children. It’s time to take a serious look at our priorities and get back to investing in education. Our children’s future depends on it. On 8 November 2022, vote Ruben Castellon for Board of Education. Students First Parents always!
My Pledge to the Hoke County Parents, Students, and others:
1. Institute communication with parents, students, and teachers.
2. Include stakeholders such as parents, students, and teachers in the fiscal process to provide transparency back into the school district.
3. Defeat any future unconstitutional mandates forced into our school district.
4. Represent the will of the parents who value parental rights and choice.
5. Vote on subjects based on scientific facts and not political ideologies. This includes defeating any CRT curriculum in the school district.
6. Implement research committees to conduct research to increase student readiness for college, career, and life in general.
7. Allow parents back in the classroom during school hours.
8. Revise Hoke County Parent and Family Engagement Policies to encourage parents to be more active stakeholders in their children’s education.
1. Loyalty to God, Country, and Family
2. Voice for Parents’ Rights
3. Education Reform
4. School Security Transparency
5. Parent Choice
6. Fiscal Transparency
7. Invest in Students and our Teachers